To ensure the health and safety of all, the following provisions have been made in addition to the very high standards of hygiene already followed.
If you are considering attending an acupuncture appointment with me it is essential that you read and agree to the following.
Should you book acupuncture treatment at this time?
I am not currently offering face to face appointments where the following applies:
- if you or a member of your household has been ill in the last 14 days with the following symptoms:
- fever over 37.5 degrees (feeling hot to touch on chest and back)
- new & persistent cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours – if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss of taste or smell.
- if you have had close contact (under 2 metres) with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis or coronavirus-type symptoms in the last 14 days.
- you have recently travelled abroad or been instructed by the government to quarantine.
- you been contacted by the government and told to self-isolate or self-quarantine for any reason.
In the above cases you would have been advised to self-isolate by the NHS, and I would be able to see you at the end of the isolation period.
I would also ask you do not come for treatment at this time if you have not been following the governments social distancing guidelines.
If you are in a high-risk group and considered clinically vulnerable, particularly immunosuppressed or with heart or lung conditions, please make me aware.
If you would like to discuss the above please do not hesitate to contact me.
Making an Appointment & Payment
- Please contact me to arrange an appointment, I will then book you into my diary and send you a confirmation text.
- You will need to complete and return the new screening and consent form with COVID-19 waiver. I will be screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment and failure to complete this form will mean your appointment will unfortunately not be able to go ahead. We will need to discuss this form and your health concerns prior to your appointment.
- Payments can be made by card using a card machine with contactless payment. If the card machine key pad is used anti-bac wipes are available to use on the machine after every use.
I have temporarily waived my 48-hour cancellation policy in respect to those suffering the above symptoms or where self isolation is needed or in case of emergencies, but kindly ask you give as much notice as possible if you are unable to attend your appointment.
The full appointment fee will be due for cancellations within less than 48 hours due to other reasons or no shows. Text appointment reminders are sent two days prior to appointments to allow time for re-scheduling.
Short notice cancellations and no shows are costly to small businesses as the costs associated with these appointments still need to be covered and appointments can be hard to fill at short notice. Thank you for your understanding on this matter.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
I will be taking my temperature on the day of work and wearing appropriate PPE at your appointment and you are also asked to wear a face mask during treatment. When appropriate and possible I will maintain distancing and may wear an apron and disposable gloves. I will be washing and sanitising my hands before, during and after treatment following the thorough Public Health England recommended handwashing procedure.
Arriving for your appointment
- You can wait in your vehicle if you wish and I will text you when clear to come in.
- I will be taking your temperature using an infrared thermometer as you enter to ensure you do not have a fever. If you have a temperature over 37.5 degrees you will be asked to re-schedule your appointment.
- You will be asked if any of your circumstances have changed with regard to risk status of having face to face treatment. If you think this may be the case please contact me ahead of your appointment.
- I will ask you to carefully clean your hands with alcohol-based gel on arrival.
- Please attend your appointment unaccompanied and bring the minimum belongings possible with you.
- I will not be able to extend your appointment as I need time to maintain safety measures so please can you arrive on time.
- An extended time of at least 30 minutes will be in place in between every appointment to allow for cleaning, sanitisation and airing the room and to allow me to change PPE and prepare for the next client.
- All surfaces touched by either the practitioner or client will be sanitised between every appointment with antibacterial spray and wipes. This includes door handles, the couch, chairs, taps, light switches or toilet if used.
- Windows will be opened and the treatment room aired between appointments.
- The toilet will have appropriate hand gel and sanitising facilities.
- Hot water, hand soap and disposable paper towels available in the treatment room and toilet.
- Should you wish windows can be kept open during your appointment to maintain room ventilation, however, a HEPA air purifier will be running. There is no air conditioning system in use so there will be no recycled air flowing into the treatment room.
- In the treatment room all equipment can be wiped clean or is disposable and as usual couch roll will be changed after every appointment.
- Any linens used will be single use only for each appointment, changed afterwards and laundered at 60 degrees celsius.
- Please bring your own drinking water bottles as drinking glasses or cups have been removed for the time being.
- Magazines and leaflets have been removed from the waiting area.
If you develop coronavirus symptoms within 14 days of your last appointment please notify me immediately.
I have done everything I can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission, however, please be aware that there is no way to completely eliminate the risk of you contracting COVID-19.
If you have any questions regarding the above or face to face treatment please do not hesitate to contact me: 07926 948297 or email@example.com
I continue to closely monitor government advice and will update my practices as necessary.